I am so excited to announce that this month’s prize is a KitchenAid MINI Stand Mixer in Guava Glaze!
Do I have an irrational love for a piece of kitchen machinery? Define irrational.
My girl, Betty, (my 4.8L Kitchenaid) and I have been in a loving co-dependant relationship for the past 5 years, when my Mum and Dad surprised me (understatement of the century) with her beautiful ‘cranberry’ self one Christmas morning. It was the first Christmas since my brother had moved to Dubai, leaving my Mum and Dad feeling a tad blue and obviously desperate to uphold the affections of their only other child to avoid her from even remotely contemplating leaving the country – cue the most ridiculously generous gift and a very grateful Katie Pix.
That morning, thinking Mum and Dad had already outdone themselves with the Trivial Pursuit 90s addition, new socks and a sewing box (yes, I am a 1920s stereotype of a housewife), we swiftly finished present unwrapping and began clearing away so we could move onto our traditional smoked salmon and scrambled eggs brekkie. Tidying away the strewn remnants of wrapping, Mum paused and pointed out a box behind the sofa – ‘Oh, Katie, it looks like there’s one more present’. Feeling as if Santa Claus had just revealed himself, I anxiously peeled back the paper to unveil Betty the KitchenAid. Oh. My. Goodness.
Now, I’m sure I was not alone when I thought the only justifiable time to be gifted a KitchenAid was on your Wedding Day, or if you are super successful and can afford to treat yourself. I’d seen it a million times on ‘The Great British Bake Off’, circled it in every John Lewis catalogue I’d ever browsed and plotted several burglaries of my next door neighbours, but all of a sudden… one actually belonged to me! Was I worthy? Or (more concerning) would I use this icon of the baking world enough to warrant its hefty price tag?
Yes. Absolutely, yes.
Read my full review: https://www.katiepix.com/product-review-kitchenaid/
Competition Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions apply to the October Newsletter Giveaway promotion available on my website available at: www.katiepix.com (“Newsletter”). By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
The promoter of this competition is Katie Pix Ltd. (“Promoter”)
- Who may enter
- The Promotion is open to residents of the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) aged 16 or over, except for any employees (or family members of employees) of the Promoter, their families or anyone else connected with the planning or administration of this Promotion.
- How to enter
- To take part in this Promotion, you will need to sign up to the monthly Newsletter, by entering your email address into the appropriate fields on www.katiepix.com
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person will be permitted. If you enter more than once, you will be disqualified. Entries that have been generated by an automatic means will also be void.
- Closing date
- The Promotion commences at 00:00 (UK time) on 30 October 2018 and closes at (UK time) on 23:59 09 November 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be counted.
- Winner selection and notification
- One winner will be selected at random (under the supervision of an independent person) from all complete, correct and eligible entries received by the closing date.
- The winner will be notified by email within around 3 working days of the draw.
- The prize is a KitchenAid MINI Stand Mixer, RRP. £449.99. Colour Guava Glaze.
- The Promoter may substitute the Prize (or any part of the Prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of the Prize) and the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If any winner is not able to accept the Prize for any reason, or cannot be contacted within 14 days of the draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant.
- The prize will be fulfilled by Rare Breed Publicity. The winner’s name and contact email address will be shared with Rare Breed Publicity to fulfil delivery of the prize.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize where applicable.
- For the names of the Prize winner(s), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the Promotion Period and state the name and date of the Promotion.
- Liability etc
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 16 and 17 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs (15, 16, 17) include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; and
- any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
- problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and/or
- any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap or any other social media platform. You acknowledge that the social media platform on which this Promotion is hosted bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release the social media platform from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. You understand that the information you provide is provided to the Promoter (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to the social media platform.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Personal Details
- The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion.
- English Law applies
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.