- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x Waitrose & Partners Vegan Mince (from the chilled aisle!)
- 140g Waitrose & Partners sun-dried tomatoes, blitzed to a paste
- 175ml Vegan Red Wine
- 2 essential Waitrose & Partners tinned plum tomatoes in natural juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 300g Waitrose & Partners Italian Spelt Spaghetti Pasta
Put a large saucepan on medium-high heat with 1 tsp of oil. Add your onions, carrots, celery and a generous sprinkling of salt. Soften for 10 minutes and then add your garlic. Continue to soften for 5 minutes then decant.
Stir in the Waitrose & Partners Vegan Mince (from the chilled aisle!) and sun-dried tomatoes, turn the heat up to high and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned all over, stirring and breaking it up with a spoon as you go.
Add the red wine and cook until it has evaporated.
Add the tomatoes, 1 tin of water, the bay leaf and the thyme.
Give everything a loving stir, season generously and then cover with a lid and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it and have a midway stir to check it isn’t catching.
Cook 300g Waitrose & Partners Italian Spelt Spaghetti Pasta according to packet instructions, drain and stir through your delicious vegan bolognese.
This post contains paid for advertorial.