- 100g whole wheat couscous, rinsed and drained
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- 25g raisons
- 25g pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced and sautéed
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- pinch of cinnamon
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 290g jar grilled whole peppers, drained and rinsed
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/gas 4.
Put the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 mins or until the water has absorbed and your cous cous has gone lovely and fluffy!
Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir through the parsley leaves, toasted pine nuts, raisons, finely chopped olives, cinnamon and feta. Soften the onion in a pan with the parsley stalks. Mix in and season to taste.
Generously stuff the peppers with the couscous mix (any leftover stuffing can be served next to the peppers), then lay them in a small roasting tin with a drizzle of oil and final dusting of cinnamon. Bake in the oven for 15 mins until hot and golden.