MAKES 2 PINTS OF GRAVY | 10 MINUTES PREP | 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES COOKING
- 2 celery, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped (keep skin on)
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 springs of rosemary
- 10 chicken wings
- salt & pepper, season generously
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- clementine zest
Chuck everything into an oven-proof tray and cook in an oven for 1 hour at 200°C.
Bring out of the oven and pop on the hob on a high heat. Using a masher burst your ingredients.
Sprinkle over 4 tbsp flour and make sure your mashed ingredients are well coated. Cook through a tad to remove the floury taste.
Pour over 2 litres of water and simmer for 25 minutes until thickened and reduced. Sieve and store.
Can store for up to a month in a freezer. Reheat in the turkey tray!