Serves 4 | 20 minutes prep | 35 minutes cooking
- 250g Beef & 250g Pork - high fat content not low fat
- Finely chopped fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano (a heaped teaspoon of each)
- 1 onion finely chopped and softened without colouring (salt your onions - draws out water and sweats them rather than caramelizes. Wait to cool and add to meat.)
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg to bind
- Season with pinch of salt & pepper
Combine all ingredients and roll into ping pong sized balls. Seal in a pan on a high heat and remove. Using the same pan make your passata...
- 1 tbsp of olive oil in pan, medium heat, 2 squashed garlic cloves to flavour oil (remove before adding passata)
- 1/2 onion, finely diced (soften in pan)
- 1kg jar of passata
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 stalks of fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
5 - 10 minutes on a medium heat, so it’s blipping.
Reduce sauce to almost desired consistency,
Meatballs back in. Lid on. Into the oven at 200°C for 10-15 minutes.
Spoon onto ciabatta or pasta!