SERVES 4 | 15 MINUTES COOKING
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 300g frozen vegetables (could be leftovers from your roast, or a packet from the veg aisle!)
- 3-4 leaves of savoy cabbage
- 1 x 400g cannellini beans, drained
- 100g dried pasta
- parmesan and pesto for garnish
Pop a deep pan on the hob on a medium heat with 1 litre of vegetable stock and a tin of chopped tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Add your frozen veg to the pan, stir up. Bring up to a boil and then turn down to gently simmer for 10 minutes.
Thinly slice your cabbage and add to the pan with your cannellini beans and pasta. Stir through and keep on a high heat for 4 minutes until your pasta has softened.
Check for seasoning and serve up with a dollop of pesto and grated parmesan (if you're not veggie at all).